FARMING IMPROVEMENTS & MAINTENANCE
Our company history stretches back to the 1940s, when Alan Hole returned to the Waikato from World War II and as a sole trader with one truck worked for the Public Works Department. In 1957 as the company grew, Alan Hole Limited was formed. Soon Alan’s business had expanded to the point where he was operating three bulldozers. William Ensor bought the company in 1960 when Alan retired. The company continued as Alan Hole Ltd. at 34 Main Road, Tirau, until 1964 when it was renamed Tirau Earthmovers Ltd.
Tirau Earthmovers operated from the Main Road, Tirau, site until 1972, when the office was relocated to 18 High Street. A workshop was used in Pitt Street, Putaruru between 1972 and 1990.
In 1985 William’s son Steve joined the business, and in 1990 the company purchased the State Highway 1 site in Putaruru, which finally became a single location from which the business could base its entire operation. Since moving to the State Highway 1 site, we have gradually expanded workshop, storage and other facilities as demand required (and as finances allowed!)
Steve bought the company from his retiring Dad in 2003 and has continued as Managing Director since. His own 4 sons are all currently working for the business, and sister Karen has also been working there since 2001 as Finance & Administration Manager. We can confidently say we are definitely a family business!
Tirau Earthmovers Ltd
1906 State Highway 1, Putaruru
PO Box 4, Tirau
Free Phone – 24hrs – 0800 847 283
Phone: 07 883 8372 Fax: 07 883 7311
78 Hautapu Road,
Office: 07 827 5820
Bruce Taylor 027 663 8372
Steve Ensor 0274 930 734
James Ensor 021 493 028
For a free estimate on any job large or small.